Here's What You Can Expect
Get the musical foundation you need to compose compelling music without prior knowledge of theory. At the end of the course you will understand the musical concepts that support your favorite songs and use these concepts and tools to write better music.
During the course, examples from popular numbers are used to demonstrate the different concepts and show how they can be used effectively. Avoid composing blindly and expand your musical and compositional arsenal when Danish album current producer and composer Noosfære invites you to music theory bootcamp at Rumkraft.
But, What Will I Learn?
In this course you will get an easily accessible introduction to how music theory can lift your music production and you will open up the theoretical world of chord compositions, melodies and harmonies, and the many fantastic possibilities that it holds.
At the end of the course you can understand the musical concepts behind your favorite songs and use these to write your own music. During the course, we use examples from popular tracks to demonstrate the different concepts and show how they can be used effectively.
You Will Learn The Following:
- Rhythm types – what is it will it e.g. say to play in the bars 3/4, 4/4 and 7/8
- Shufﬂe and swing
- Review of genre-specific rhythms such as House, Drum and Bass, Dubstep and Hip Hop
- Tones and keys
- Parallel key
- Learn to write your own melody and bass line
- Building chords – become familiar with the construction of triads and vowels; what is the difference of e.g. major, minor, dim and aug chords and what is a 7th chord
- Chord reversals and chord families
- Chord progressions
- Functional harmony
- Circle of Fifths (kvintcirklen)
- Form, structure and arrangements